Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Welcome back students!

This is kind of bittersweet for me. I'm embarking on my last semester at Tri. I will miss you guys at school, but my priorities lay elsewhere. For those of you that don't know, my daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 6 weeks ago. Yes, I need to continue to take care of my daughter, and my family. But I also need to refocus on my own passion, my own craft. We teachers at Tri only have 6 weeks off from school per year, and I just didn't ever have enough time to do anything photographically for myself. So I will also be shooting a lot more.

With that said, we kicked off our first shooting class with a bang. 60 plus students, all shooting a good friend, fellow student, and Faded & Blurred member, Tammy.


How great was Tammy? She put up with my bad jokes all night, and worked 2 1/2 hours straight. Thank you Tammy, for allowing us ll the pleasure of working with you. Here are a few more images from last night, all shot with the Canon 5D MKII and the Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS.
And perhaps my favorite shot of the evening, with lot's of personality:
All in all, a great night shooting.

Here is a list of some of the equipment that we used last night, and some equipment we will be using in the very near future:

Westcott Apollo 28" Softbox

Westcott shoot thru umbrella

Umbrella bracket

Light stand

Canon 580EX II

Nikon SB900

Cowboy Studio Trigger

And if you aren't using Lightroom, well, what are you waiting for?

Adobe Lightroom 3

Scott Kelby's Lightroom 3 book

David duChemin's Vision and Voice

Can't wait to see you all next week! And if you are feeling generous, please take a moment and make a donation to our American Diabetes Association Step out walk team!

1 comment:

  1. You are the best teacher I've ever had... Thanks for going out of your way to teach all of us your skills. We will miss you! Best of luck with your business and God Bless your sweet girl...

    ReplyDelete