Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Thank you Tri Students!

It is with a heavy heart, that I will be saying goodbye very soon. As many of you already know, I am leaving Tri. I need to spend more time with the family, with my daughter, and to get more focused on my own photography. But I will miss you guys. A lot. I have had an amazing 2 years with you. I have learned more from you then I could ever hope to teach, and for that I will be forever grateful. You are all amazing people, and I am proud to call many of you friends, peers. You have kept me on my toes, forced me to up my game, and I feel I am a better photographer, a better person for the experience.

I have really enjoyed watching you grow as photographers. Watching the wheels turning, seeing things click, witnessing the creativity. It is my hope that I may have played some small role in that growth, and that you continue to pursue this passion that we all share.


Due to the State of California, and absolutely nothing to do with Tri Community, my last day will be November 1st. My certificate expires then, and as I knew I would be leaving after my daughter was diagnosed with diabetes, I didn't bother to pursue renewals or extensions. I have been assured that my classes will be continued, and I still expect to see amazing things from all of you. You have my number, my Facebook page, this blog, and of course, I am still photo walking monthly with Faded & Blurred. My last Event Workflow Class will be 10/27, my last Lighting on Location class will be 10/28, and my last Wedding class will be 11/1. Stop by that week and say hello.

As a very small token of my appreciation, here is a slideshow of images created during my "Lighting on Location" classes. What a great, fun, strange trip it's been...



Yes, I created this slide show in Lightroom. Come by Wednesday night to learn how.

Take care of each other. Look after each other. Keep pushing each other. And never stop learning. 

I miss you guys all ready...

17 comments:

  1. Hi Frank, I am glad to have had the chance to meet you and to learn from your classes. I hope that I will continue to learn from you on your blogs and this page. I will continue to pray for you and your family. That God may help us find a cure so that your daughter and many others will not have to suffer. Thanks again for sharing your talent and knowledge with us.
    Tony Vazquez
    email: ducatitony@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very talented and amazing Photographer. Gracias!!!
    Faith Esperanza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Frank,
    I will say, you are amazing photographer,
    I learn from you, about how to set up speedlight,
    the great location to shot(Downtown Covina),
    and more more more...thank you for teach me a lot
    see you soon,

    Alex Chou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! What news is this!? Just want to say thank you for all your help. I know your family will be very happy to spend more time with you. May God bless you & your familia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your time with us, is ALL good. I have learned a TON of new ideas from you.... (Like you don't know).

    You will be missed at skool, but hopefully not in our lives. Thanks Buddy for your friendship, trust and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frank, my personal thank you for all you've given to me! My skills as a photographer have never grown more than in the last 2 years. You have continue to be an inspiration to all of us. I wish you the best and ask for God's blessing on you and your family. I know there will be other events that we will see each other at so until then!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frank

    I understand and respect your decision. I would like to thank you for all you have given to us. I received good information from your lectures and discussions. Also, I have not only gained practice in your shooting classes (and on photo walks), but learned a lot from seeing your photos and noting the post-processing you’ve done. I have also enjoyed “picking your brain” as you are very knowledgeable and you keep up with the latest. Thank you for all of this as this is what teachers do DURING their classes. But wait…what about what you have done without any compensation?!? The photo walks, websites, your willing to give our all of your contact info and the giving of your time that all of this entails—all on top of your many other obligations! When do you sleep Frank? Anyway, before I end up writing a book, thanks for everything and take care my friend. Also let me know if you need any prints ;-P

    John

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you write...so eloquently. This is so sad to read but I understand your decision. I will miss you but you won't be far away. I know where to find you and I will see you on our monthly photo walks. I hope you consider me as not only one of your students but as one of your friends. As with all of your students, this past two years at Tri, we really have built a friendship community. Best wishes to you and your family and know that we will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude- If I said it again you might think I was stalking you! But I will... Thanks!!! You already know the "MAD" respect I have for you as a photographer, teacher and parent! Thrive and live well!!! Thanks for turning on the lights so I could see!

    Chris B
    ps: can you lie to my wife and tell her that your next class requires 2 5Dmk2's? :~)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart. You are all amazing. If I could walk away saying that you learned 10% from me that I have learned from all of you, that would be absolutely wonderful.

    Paul, your encouragement,friendship, and holding of the feet to the fire is always appreciated, and watching what your doing with 365 is AWESOME.

    John, let me know when they get the new Chromera, and maybe I'll take you up on the prints.

    Carol, no one, and I mean no one at Tri, has been more supportive of anything I've done over the last 2 years than you. Of course you are a friend. For life. Thank you.

    Chris,have your wife send me an email when we get closer to Christmas. I'll get you hooked up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Frank
    I understand the decisions you have made in these past months and I as well as all of the group will truely be there for you and your family..but it will be hard for some of us (ME) who have come to learn alot more then just photography from you.. You have been a great fall to guy when you have seen me at my worst. I loved the talks we had and will always cherish and respect you for that.. You always seemed to know exactly what to say when I was down..Thanks my friend and I will look forward to seeing you on our FB walks...love ya, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Mary. And you know I am always here. I may even have more time to talk now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Frank,

    It has certainly been a pleasure being a student of yours. I was in your wedding class and your lighting on location class. Both have been tremendous and I've learned a great deal from you. I wish you and your family well. Good luck to you Frank

    -Kenny Chhuor

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Frank your the best bro. Keep your eyes out for kid nappers on your last day. Heard they might kid nap you and try to get you drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This term is my first class with you, i hate to see you leaving us! You are an amazing instructor!!!
    I wish you and your family well!!!

    Dara Lork

    ReplyDelete
  16. WHAT?! (WTF?!!!!)

    I take a quarter off and you decided to leave? DAMN! No more fun classes next quarter?! Man, I really enjoyed your class....

    I guess we'll have to meet in those photowalk. Bummer!

    Good luck on your new endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who is finishing up your classes until the end of the quarter anyhow?

    ReplyDelete