Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

My first Lightroom video tutorial!

In my last Event Workflow Class, I showed the students how to create photo collages in Lightroom. As it was my very last class, I ran through this rather quickly, as I had a lot of ground I wanted to cover. So I made a video tutorial. I really had no idea I could even do this, so consider this first one a "proof of concept" for me. Yes, it's kinda weak, rough around the edges, and there are some slip-ups. But hey, it's my first, and I got it done, and they will get better. Besides, would you really have it any other way?

In this first tutorial, I show you how to make a several image overlay in Lightroom like I did here. It's almost like working with layers in Lightroom. This seemed to be a big hit in my class, but perhaps I went through it to quickly, so here it is, available to you to watch, pause, and play along. Tell me what you thought below. Video after the jump



Of course, I had to do this after all the kids had gone to bed, and the dogs finally settled down. This place can get loud! And if there are more specific things in Lightroom you'd like me to do a tutorial on, let me know what those are. I should have some free week nights to start putting these together. ;-)

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Frank....you made it simple and clear..The only thing, I had my volume up all the way and say was yours...I could barely here you..is there something that I could do about that..

    Hope to see more tutorials...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Mary, it sounds fine on my end. Make sure the volume is up on your computer (obviously) and make sure the speaker button on the actual video is on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AlaniFoto PhotographyOctober 30, 2010 at 8:24 AM

    This is great Frank. Making it easy to create collages instead of using Photoshop. Thanks!. Do you use mic while doing this? just wondering since the volume is really low but like I said this is very helpful. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. And apparently, I need to turn the mike up on the next 1. I'll work on that, thanks for the feedback everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome tutorial Frank. I hope there will be more coming. You're a real teacher at heart. Just because you can't be at school...you still want us to learn and grow. This will be a great way you can still teach us all the cool things you know. I look forward to seeing all the great tutorials I know you will be posting for us. Thank you,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is awesome! It makes a great intro page for a website, photo album, etc.

    Dude, you're the best!

    Yea, the volume is a bit soft. Sound like you were whispering during the recording.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Frank! Been wanting to do something like this and so glad I now know how to!

    ReplyDelete