Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Roots before branches

Had another fun class last night in my Lighting on Location class. We had 2 models, and a couple. Everyone was able to get lot's of shooting time. I got 2 shots I was happy with. Our set up was small flashes shot into collapsed umbrellas to narrow the beam, reduce the spill, and increase the dramatic fall off of the light.


Check, check, and check.

I'm a big fan of negative space, off center (thirds) images, and deep, rich blacks. I got that with both of these images.


The first image of Tabitha was shot using the flash set up. The second image was shot available light at ISO 6400, using the Canon 5DMKII & the older 70-200 f/2.8L IS.

We have spent a lot of time this semester using our flashes in manual mode, and triggering them wirelessly, using the Cowboy Studios wireless triggers. $20 for a set, and they have worked flawlessly for 1000's of pops with all the students borrowing mine. Feel free to click the link, and get some for ourselves, to help me save mine ;-)

1 comment:

  1. The few shots that I did get, came out great. I would love to work the those girls again.

    ReplyDelete