Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My son

As most of you know, my favorite subjects to shoot are my kids. My son, at 2 1/2 years old, has proved to be a very elusive subject. While at my daughters riding lesson this weekend, he actually ASKED me to take his picture. And he proved to be quite the little model.



The combination of overcast skies, the color palette at the ranch, my son's skin tone and hair color, and the Canon 5DMKII and 100-400 f4-5.6L made for a perfect combination.





The following day, he was still willing to hold still for brief moments. This time, I only had my old 5D and the Canon 35 f/1.4L. Hanging out with family at their new apartment, with some great lighting coming in the living room, and the beautiful DOF from the 35 lens.



And the last image. Having a sad face contest with my wife. Who do you think wins?

3 comments:

  1. awesome, but he is his father's son.
    heaven_224

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right about the lighting at the ranch. Love that stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photos, what a great model.

    ReplyDelete