Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

The lighting class


Hi everyone!
Here is the picture everyone wants to see. I want to thank my lighting on location class for induldging me and my inner geek for letting me play with some new toys.
This image was created using the new DSLR Remote app for the iPhone made by onOne software. (click image for larger version)More here: http://www.ononesoftware.com/detail.php?prodLine_id=38
It currently only works with Canon DSLR's, but they are working on adding other camera manufacturers as I type. Basically, it allows you to manually control your camera from your iPhone, and change ISO, f-stop, & shutterspeed, gives you live view, and triggers the shutter from your iPhone. Then it sends the image to your phone for review. The camera has to be tethered to a computer, as this all works through a wifi network. It installs a small program on the host computer, and lets you set up an ad-hock network, so if you have a wi-fi capable laptop, then as long as you have cell service, you can get this to work. El Mirage anyone?
For this image, we have 35 students, 33 Canon and Nikon flashes that fired, an iPhone, a Canon 5DMKII, and a whole lot of fun. An ode to the "Strobist"
I will be doing a lot of shooting this weekend, so I will be posting again before Monday.
Don't forget, Monday night will be a special treat, we are expecting 8-10 members of the 501st, a Star Wars character group, to be at Tri for the shoot of the year. Thanks goes to Lilo for setting this up. I even think we may have some other Tri teachers tagging along... (Jeffery?)
See you then,
Frank

4 comments:

  1. Sounds fun Frank, I'm going to drive in from Santa Clarita to be there on Monday for the shoot. I wouldn't want to miss this. I had fun on our class shoot in Downtown Covina on Thursday. I hope we got a lot of great shots for our engaged couple. See you on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are already some images up in the flickr tri group

    ReplyDelete
  3. franks i miss your class but your idea good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be there and the force will be strong with me! Thanks for the invite...

    ReplyDelete