Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dia de los Muertos

Hey everyone,

As we talked about last night, next Monday's "Lighting on Location" class will be a special one.I spoke to the nice people at Live Oak Memorial Park about having us attend their Dia de los Muertos celebration, and they have graciously allowed us to come and photograph their event with 2 conditions.

#1. That we don't shoot the grave sites out of respect, and only shoot the festivities.

#2. That we share our images with them.

Done, and done. Please keep these conditions in mind when we attend the event, and I will be constantly reminding you of those conditions. I may set up a Tri-Community flickr group just for this event, so we can provide a place for the organizers to go look at our images. I am really looking forward to this event, I think it will be special. The location is at:

Live Oak Memorial Park

200 E Duarte Rd

Monrovia, Ca. 91016

Here is a link to the map: Map here

It is 1 block east of Myrtle on Duarte rd.

The event will be from 7-10, and it is free to enter. We will meet inside the front gate at 7pm. I will be taking roll there.

Here is the Wikipedia entry for Dia de los Muertos for some more info.

Bring your cameras and flash. I would suggest lenses in the 24-105 range, with f/2.8 being a big plus. There won't be any available light at all, this is all outdoors.

Here is a link to my flickr set from last weekends event at Hollywood Forever Cemetery

I hope to see you all there!

Frank

2 comments:

  1. Hi Frank,
    I just looked at your photos from the Hollywood Forever Cemetary. They are great. I really want to go with you guys next Monday. Looks like a super photo opportunity and great time with my photo buds. My favorite picture is the one with the lady with her red umbrella. Simply beautiful.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO FRANK
    I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE PICS FROM THE LIVE OAK EVENT A FRIEND OF MINE WHENT WITH HER SON AND THEY TOLD ME THAT THERE WHERE A LOT OF PICS TAKEN I HOPE TO SEE THEM SOON


    MICEHLLE

    ReplyDelete