Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fall is here

Thankful that fall is finally settling in. Cooler temperatures are always welcome, especially after the crazy hot September we had here. I'm not so happy about the shorter days. As a people shooter, it makes it a little easier to grab a model and go shoot when it's not 105 degrees. As a wedding photographer, your not as miserable shooting that wedding in the un-air conditioned church. Landscape shooters look forward to the fall colors. There is so much to enjoy over the next few weeks photographically.

A quick reminder that Faded and Blurred has the Pasadena ARTwalk photo walk coming up on 10/10. I do hope that you will attend, it should be a fun event, in a great city to shoot. And then, just 2 weeks later is our Griffith Park photo walk, so we are keeping busy, and taking advantage of the cooler weather too.

If you haven't backed up your images recently, why not do it now? Burn them to DVD, copy them to your external hard drive, or get yourself an automated back up program. I use Goodsync, and I highly recommend it for PC users. It will run as often as you want it too. I have mine run every 2 hours. Do you have a system that works for you? If so, share it in the comments.

Coming up in class this week:

Monday night we have models

Wednesday night: Album Design

Thursday night: The amazing wedding photography of Jerry Ghionis

See you soon,

Frank

1 comment:

  1. Hi Frank, I love fall too but the shorter days suck. I get home from work when it's dark and feel like the day is over when really there is still a lot of day left. The cooler weather is welcomed and of course it means that Halloween is not far off. But can't we just leave the clocks alone? We'd get used to the difference in light a little bit everyday instead of a giant one hour jump. I could never understand that. People in Arizona manage just fine.
    I just started using Carbonite. Leo Laporte recommends it and I listen to Leo. classymis=big fan. It's only $59 a year. I may never need it but if I do...it will be well worth the money.
    Happy fall.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete