Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Griffith Park Walk

Hey everyone!

First off, I want to thank everyone who came out to the Griffith Park Walk today, it was an amazing day. We had enough for everyone to look at. There were motorcycles, plenty of characters, and then I took everyone to one of my favorite "secret" spots, the Old Zoo, a hidden gem in Los Angeles. I arranged to have a couple of models there, and a special thanks goes out to Amanda and Sondra, for being such great sports. The weather couldn't have been any nicer, and we got to use the "open shade" technique that Faded and Blurred just did a tutorial on. You can see that here.

Now that I have gotten all the niceties out of the way, I want to say a few things. First and foremost is that Faded and Blurred is in no way associated with Tri-Community. Yes, many of you know Jeffery and I from there, and many of you participate, but Faded and Blurred will hopefully draw from a much larger base from that and in many ways, all ready is. As such, I am not a teacher at these events, I am a participant and organizer. What that means is that we set these up in a way that these are events that Jeffery, Nikki, Paul, and I would probably be attending anyway. We think they have a cool location or offering that may be fun to take pictures of. Whether anyone shows up to them or not, we will continue to be at these places. Our hope is that we can provide a cool locale that you may not know existed, and that you may get your creative juices going and you will see the potential of such places. These are "Photo walks" for photographers, not a 3 hour class or seminar. They are free, and we do our best to provide enough information to get you there. We provide a link to the walk page, a map, and if there is an associated web page, we provide that too. All that info is right here.

We also tell you what time to be there. And we stay much later than that posted time to allow for stragglers. We understand how LA traffic is, we live here, I get it. But eventually, we will need to gather up the troops and move on. I can't be blamed for your bad time, or lack of knowing what the plan is, or your perception that we are disorganized if you weren't there when we specified. If I told you the movie started at 5, and you showed up at 5:30, should I be expected to rewind the movie, or pause it to get you up to speed? Again, this is an opportunity for you to get out and shoot. If you don't like the proposed subject matter, then please skip that walk, and maybe the next one will be more to your liking.

Again, this is an event for Faded and Blurred, a photowalk. It is not a mandatory event, it is put on by people who love photography, for people who love photography. And again, I am probably the most approachable, easy to get hold of person you will ever meet.

And as such, here is all my info, again. Ask around how long it takes me to respond to emails or voice mails. How many other teachers have you had that were this transparent?

Gmail: frankwisephotography@gmail.com
Website: http://frankwisephotography.com
Twitter: @frankwisephoto
Facebook: FrankWise
Phone # 818-458-9761

Perhaps I am too available? Perhaps I care too much? It seems that 60 people had a wonderful time, many of them for their 1st walk. And I will obsess over the one person that didn't. Perhaps I wouldn't be that way if I weren't available to you 24/7? Perhaps I shouldn't be, but that is who I am.

Okay, done, I'm over it.

Coming up this week in class:

Monday night we will have a band coming in to shoot.

Wednesday night we will talk about other fun shoots you can do with your wedding clients, the "E-session", the "Day After", and "Trash the Dress"

Thursday night, we will be discussing ways to get your product to your client. Prints, galleries, etc.

See you all this week.

Frank

Nuff said about that, and if anyone has anything to say, good or bad, please let me know, I am open to discussing

12 comments:

  1. Hi Frank,
    Thanks to all of you who worked hard to put this all together. I had a fantasic time with all my "new" friends. It's great that people just hang around and everyone just shoots what they want. No one is in a rush...just having a great time with each other. I met a fantastic new gal today, Ronel. We had a great conversation. I didn't feel like shooting any models, so I didn't, but, I must admit, ever since this morning I have been thinking how fun it would be to at least rent a motorcycle and side car. Can you do that? Just remember, you can't please all of the people all of the time. Thanks again. Joan Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joan!I know you can rent motorcycles, don't know about the side cars

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what Joan said. Impossible to please everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that I had a great time, it was such a cool group of fun-loving photogs and I loved the relaxed, encouraging atmosphere. Plus I'd never really been around Griffith Park so it was really fun to discover a new location. Looking forward to the next one, and thanks for doing it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Trude, and it was a pleasure to meet you. Thanks for being a contributor over at faded and blurred.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frank,

    You can only lead a horse to water, You cannot make them enjoy that experience. People just have to realize what a wonderful thing you guys have done by organizing these events. It is not your job to make sure we have fun. The fun is up to us, whether we are shooting or not. We only shot a few pictures, but we enjoyed the day with the group, and laughed allot at some good jokes! The fish tacos were great, and the company made the experience that much better! Great Job, we loved the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this was the fist faded and blured photowalk i was able to make it to and i would like to say i had a blast... good shots exercise and awesome fish tacos what more could you ask for

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frank,

    Even though I was run ragged and tested by circumstances beyond my control trying to get another club merged into the community’s itinerary, I still had a blast after I caught my second wind in time for the model shoot all the way to the delicious fish tacos. Thanks for the hospitality (even though some don’t know they are their own worst enemy), for your kind words in a bad situation, and having a meeting about my career situation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frank you can't please everyone. I found that out when we went to the Grand Canyons last week. Some people are born to be unhappy, that's just the way they are. I think that makes them happy. We have a wonderful time on the shoot. Herman

    ReplyDelete
  10. Frank -

    Gotta say that I have watched/listened to both you and Jeffrey handle the unhappy (or incapable) few, with more class than they desrve. It is obvious that you guys truly do care about your art and your F&B friends. Please don't let the grumblers sour you on what the rest of us TRULY appreciate.
    Don't let the BS get ya down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everybody. I do truly appreciate it, and we work hard to provide a fun opportunity for everyone to just get out and shoot, that won't ever change, promise.

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  12. whoa.. I had no idea you were catching such bad feelings from anyone. like I always say "carry your own sunshine with you" not everyone is going to be happy and that is a personal problem you guys stay the way you are. I have a great time!!! love you guys.....Maria

    ReplyDelete