Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dia de los Muertos part 2

Hi everyone!

I hope those of you that came out to the Dia de los Muertos event at Live Oak Memorial Park enjoyed yourselves. I would like to thank the people from Live Oak Memorial Park for allowing us to come in and photograph their beautiful event. The mass was beautiful, they had face painting for the children, and the Mariachi Band were really good, but the high lite for me was the Aztec dancers. Watching the story unfold from beginning to end was amazing. I opted to shoot the event without flash, to add some movement and blur to my images to convey motion. It was a tough shoot, outside at night, with very poor light
but I think I did okay. If you would like to see more of what I shot, please go to my flickr site here: Dia de los Muertos on flickr That set includes images shot at Live Oak Memorial Park and Hollywood Forever Cemetery the week before.

We have promised to share our images with the people that attended, and I believe they are being pointed here to my blog, so please add your images to the Tri Community Flickr Group here:
Tri-Community Flickr Group.

Thanks again everyone for coming out, I hope to see many great images. I have already seen some on Facebook and on individual flickr pages, now let's get all of them into our flickr group.

Frank

3 comments:

  1. I sure had a really good time Frank, thanks for taking us there, i never been to an event like that before, I had such a good time! :0)

    Erika Tinoco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Erika! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking such beautiful pictures. If it is possible I would like these.
    Thanks to your class.

    Connie Anderson
    General Mgr. - Turner & Stevens Live Oak.

    ReplyDelete