Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Descanso Gardens

Hey there everyone!

I am just finishing up an exhausting but fun photographic weekend. It started off with the Faded & Blurred Descanso Gardens photo walk, then this morning I did an engagement shoot, followed up by my wedding class at Tri-Community this afternoon. Does anyone want to do some editing for me? :-)




As you can see from the pictures, we had a great turnout at Descanso, and the weather was fantastic. A good time was had by all, and we finished it up with pizza and beer at Georgees in La Canada. You can see many of the images shot at the Faded & Blurred Events group on Flickr. It may be the last time we in California will see the sun until February. I shot most of the images here with my 5DMKII and the 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, a fantastic combination. I also used my new Canon S90 for the shot of the yellow flower. I love this new point and shoot camera.

The Canon S90 has a 10mp sensor (the same chip in the G11), it's image stabilized, has a 3x lens which is f/2.0 at the wide end, and will shoot up to ISO 3200 (it is very usable at ISO 800). It also has a decent macro function that you can see in the yellow flower image. And the biggest selling point for me was it's pocketability.







Coming up this week in class:

Monday school is closed in observance of Martin Luther King

Wednesday night: We will discuss packages and pricing strategies

Thursday night: We will have our first engagement shoot. Weather permitting, we will be shooting in downtown Covina. We will meet at school first.

On Sunday, we will also have a model, and again we will be meeting at the school, so go there first. See you all soon!

1 comment:

  1. You couldn't have timed it better, weather-wise. :) Still mad at myself for getting lost and missing the group shot, but at least we made it at all!

    ReplyDelete