Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bridal shoot



Wow, what a weekend. It was all wedding, all the time, and surprisingly, there was very little rain to interfere.

Saturday was spent shooting a wedding, and I followed up by taking the class to Pasadena City Hall for a bridal shoot, with 3 brides. I was so geared up for rain this weekend, I must say that I'm disappointed I didn't get to shoot any brides in the rain.

I think the class was fantastic today, plenty to shoot, at a favorite location of mine, and as it was Superbowl Sunday, we had the place to ourselves. Even with all 60 of us. What a treat!

As I had shot a wedding the day before, I wanted to try some different things out for myself today, so 2 of my lesser used lenses were all that I brought. I used the 17-40 mm f4L, and the 135 f2. Both were a blast to use, all though with so many people around, the 135 was tough to avoid getting extra people in the shot from so far back.

Coming up this week in class:

Monday night we will cover Lightroom. I will bring in some shots from the Pasadena City Hall shoot, to show some editing and work flow.

Wednesday night we will have a mock wedding ceremony. Or at least that is how it started out. In Reality it will be a live, honest to goodness vow renewal ceremony, but with a twist. Stephanies husband doesn't know that. ;-) And the service will be performed by our very own Herman! Bring your cameras and speedlights, because we are heading to the church. The address is 4303 Maupin Ave, Baldwin Park. Only for Tri-Students! Map below, and parking is rough, so please carpool.

Thursday night we have models.

Sunday we will cover Lightroom and Photoshop for post process basics


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment