Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Action Sequences


Hey Everyone! A quick post today to tell you what's going on over at Faded & Blurred this month. We are starting our April photo challenge and this month is "Action Sequences". The winner gets a gift certificate for paper from Red River Paper!

I have included a couple of samples here so you can see what we are talking about. The image above is of a bride getting ready on her wedding day, and the 2 images below are of my kids playing in the water. These shots are actually pretty easy to do. The key is to set your camera up on a tripod to make this very easy to put together in Photoshop, or some other post processing program that allows you to work with layers.

These 3 shots were shot differently. The image of the bride was taken with a tripod mounted camera over a the course of 2 hours. Paying close attention to making sure she was never in the same place in the room when I took each shot. The images of my kids below were shot with a tripod mounted camera also, but I used burst mode and a remote trigger release to capture them quickly as they moved across the frame.

After the images were shot, I opened all the images I wanted to use for each image. I used the first image taken as my base, and using the move tool, dragged each sequential image onto the first. After I dragged the 2nd image, I used the eraser tool to bring up the parts I wanted to show from the layer below, and then I flattened each layer as I went along. It is much easier than it sounds, and there are probably better ways to do it, but remember, I am the lazy Photoshop guy, and I love doing destructive editing ;-) Now go try some yourselves, and register over at Faded & Blurred so you can get the info on where and how to submit your picks!

4 comments:

  1. I think I'm definitely going to have to try this effect with my dog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one that i will submit and also a self portrait. But I want to try this one like your kids...How fun.....Maria(heaven_224)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks..something to look forward to this weekend.

    ReplyDelete