Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

I got this!

Hey everyone!

I haven't posted anything from my Faded & Blurred 365 project in a while, So I thought I would remedy that. Our group is still going strong, with close to 4000 images in it. We have lost some people along the way, as the commitment to taking 1 picture a day, all though sounds simple, is still a very big commitment. Life has a habit of getting in the way, and taking some time each day to shoot, process, and upload just isn't easy.  We are on day 113, and I am happy to say I haven't missed a day. If you are interested in participating, we would love to have you!

With that said, I have also made it as easy as possible for myself to contribute to our group. Very few of my images for the group were actually taken with my Canon 5D MKII, The majority of them were taken with my iPhone, and processed and uploaded instantly with the apps I have available, or with my Canon S90, a fantastic little point and shoot that has big camera capabilities. The 3 images you see here were all taken this week with this little technological marvel. While it will always be the photographers vision, it helps to have a tool that you can rely on in tough situations. This is the first P&S that I would even consider using above ISO 400, and at it's widest end, the lens is f/2.0. It also shoots in raw, and in the manual modes, it is very easy to make setting changes. It just get's out of my way, and let's me shoot.

As a photographer, it is very important that I always have a camera with me. Whether that is my iPhone, a P&S, or my big cameras doesn't matter. I have learned how to use them all well, I know what their pros and cons are, and I have learned to work within those parameters, to help me create and reproduce my vision.

I feel like I have entered a "Zen" like state where I have really stopped obsessing about the latest gear, a lens that I don't own, or some other miscellaneous item that "If I only had" would make my images amazing. I have really been focusing on working with only 1 lens, forcing myself to get creative, limiting my choices, and really enjoying taking pictures. Expect many more posts on this coming up. And stop saying "if only". Start saying "I got this"

This post and my previous post this week about creativity are all leading up to what I feel will be a very long post about "Vision". Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment