Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rami & Khrys

I worked with Rami & Khrys this past weekend on their engagement shoot. I will be shooting their wedding next month, and I am so looking forward to that event. They are an amazing couple to work with, and their love for each other shines through.

For those of you that are in my wedding classes, I gave some Lightroom classes last week using these images, so I wanted to show you the finished products. (Read more after the jump)



As photographers, it is always important to have a "plan B". We were initially supposed to meet at Descanso Gardens, but the place was very crowded. I got there a little early, and I was able to go in and scout it out, and determine that it just wasn't going to work. So I called them and asked them to meet me at Pasadena City Hall. From there, we worked all over Pasadena. Between different outfit changes that they brought, and different locations, we were able to create a pretty diverse shoot, with lot's of different looks, in just over 3 hours.
Rami and Khrys are very much in love, and it shows. But they have been engaged for 6 years! (I guess they were just searching for the right photographer...) I used 2 lenses the majority of the day, the 70-200mm f/2.8L IS and the 17-40mm f/4 L. What I love about the 70-200 on shoots like this, is it allows the photographer to stay out of the way. The clients are allowed to be intimate, to share moments, like the photographer isn't there at all.
All the images you see here were done completely in Lightroom, never once needing to use Photoshop.
For this particular shoot (we shot from about 3 to 6pm) I didn't use any lighting, reflectors, or anything. We just looked for the light and positioned them appropriately. Why? Because it allowed us to be nimble, to move around, to be fairly stealth in some busy locations, and to maintain the intimate  feeling of many of these images.

This week in class:

Monday night we will talk about shooting the bride, groom, and at the church

Wednesday night we will talk about pre-wedding shots

Thursday night we will be shooting. I NEED MODELS! Let me know if you have anyone you would like to bring in, guys or girls

No comments:

Post a Comment