Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July weekend

Wow, what a weekend!



The weekend started off at a company picnic, with some BBQ, face painting, and balloon animals for the kids. Then off to The Hip Kitty for drinks and fondue for a friends birthday. That was a very cool joint.

On Saturday we had my daughters horseback riding lesson and a family BBQ in Temecula. And on Sunday, we had another BBQ in Chatsworth with firends and their adorable kids. Boy did the kids have fun. And Peche Lambic goes down great with chicken kabobs :-)

Then off to the fireworks show in West Covina. They put on a very decent show. After we got home and were getting ready for bed, my wife saw trees burning from our kitchen. The neighbors behind us lit their Palm Trees on fire with fireworks. The sirens, the fireworks explosions, the hosing down of our yard and roof while we were watching hot embers come our way... lot's of excitement. Our dogs didn't finally calm down til after 1 am.

Monday was supposed to be a relaxing day at home. Had some chores, and my daughters swimming lesson, and then playing with the kids. My daughter and I took the dogs for a walk. While walking our dogs (I was walking our terrier, and Stella was walking our Great Dane) a very irresponsible pet owner left his gate open while working on his car.
His large Rottweiler charged us. My Dane spun around tackled and herded the Rotty away from us and fended the dog off until the owner came out with a pipe to chase his dog back in the yard. My daughter has major road rash from where she was dragged by our Dane (all to keep the dog away from us) but she is all right (a little scared), and she never let go of the leash. We were about a 1/2 mile from home, so I walked the 2 dogs, and carried her on my shoulders home. She is a very brave little girl, and my Dane is a damn fine dog... And if anyone in the story needs to be chased with a pipe, it's that irresponsible dog owner. So she got some extra love tonight.

Needless to say, I'm exhausted...

Cming up this week in class:

On Wednesday I will be lecturing
On Thursday, Herman will be coming in with hus motorcycle and leathers. Should be a fun (and hopefully uneventful) remainder of the week...

1 comment:

  1. Could you fit any more in to your weekend? Doesn't sound like it! Hope you're able to stay awake at work today! ;)

    ReplyDelete