Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk

A big huge thank you to all the photographers that came to Faded & Blurred's leg of the Scott Kelby World Wide Photo Walk. All told, we had about 75 participants, just a fantastic turnout! We walked downtown LA, through little Tokyo, to the Walt Disney Center, and then finished it off at Philippes for food and a beer. (or 2)...

To say that yesterday was amazing wouldn't do it justice. The weather was amazing, the light was gorgeous, and people were ready to shoot and play. A good time was had by all. And play we did!



It's always fun to get together with a group of people that share your passion. It is also always amazing to go on a photo walk with a group through the same area, and get a chance to see all of the images they shot. The amount of things that each one of us percieves differently, or misses all together is mind boggling.

It was also fun to have some families and couples along for the walk. It's not a bad way to spend an afternoon with loved ones.


As I'm sure many of you know already from my last post, this walk was a big one for us. It was at Scott's 2nd annual walk that we hatched the idea for F&B. So we were excited. We have been doing our own photo walks for almost a year (Join us for our 1 year anniversary walk! We're going back to Venice!). But for me personally, these walks are a chance for me to stretch my wings. Those of you that have taken my classes before may know, or if you've known me personally for awhile, may already know this, but I have always considered myself a people shooter. No more, no less. Couldn't shoot a landscape, street scene, or architectural shot to save my life. So these walks have always been a chance for me to get out of my comfort zone. Try new things, shoot from different perspectives, use lenses I don't often get a chance to shoot with. And I shot some images yesterday that I was very happy with. I have also noticed some things that I learn or try on these walks have started spilling over to and affecting my other work. And that makes me happy. I love seeing progress, both in my work, and in all of your work. Here are a few of the images I really like from yesterday






Seagull over Disney.My favorite of the day


You can see the whole set here: My Flickr

Again, a big thank you to all of those that made it out yesterday, it was an amazing day. See you in Venice!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for another great walk, Frank! Really love that last shot, and the one of me and Earl, of course! :)

    ReplyDelete