Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What are you doing on 7/18/09?


I will be participating in Scott Kelby's 2nd Annual World Wide Photo Walk on 7/18/09. I will be participating in the China Town, CA walk. More info here:


Why am I participating? Many reasons.

1. I love photography

2. I love meeting new people with similar interests

3. I am participating in a walk with several people I know

4. I love hanging out afterward and getting some lunch and libations and sharing war stories

5. I mainly shoot people. On the walk, I hope to work on shooting places and things, and turning on some creativity

6. There will be Flickr Groups set up to share images to see what everyone else shot

7. July mornings in California don't suck

8. There will be prizes. I love prizes


So are you participating? If so, where? Leave a comment down below. If your not participating, why not? It is free.



Now what gear should you bring? I want to travel light. I will be bringing my main axe, the 5D Mark II.

Lens choices are always difficult. I know for sure I will bring the 70-300 IS.

I want to bring the 17-40 F4 as I hardly ever use it, and might like the new perspective, but I'm comfortable with the 24-105 F4. Or do I want the DOF effects of the 24-70 2.8?

The 50 1.4 will be there.

Flash? Maybe, with the STE-2 transmitter

Lot's of memory and spare batteries
Business cards to help KIT
Hoodman Hood Loupe

Water & comfortable shoes ;-)


Sunscreen

Scott Kelby recently added a special bonus to all registered walkers here: http://www.scottkelby.com/blog/


I wish I had a great hip pack to put it all in, (any recommendations? I'm leaning towards Think Tank) but I do have a decent small backpack that I can fit it all in.
The images here were taken on a photowalk with some friends through Olvera Street earlier this year.


I can't wait! And expect a follow up post on Sunday.


Frank

7 comments:

  1. I have the think tank and it's awesome. I got the one with the loops so you can add whatever sized cases you want. It's nice cuz you can pack as light or as heavy as you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could go on the walk on Saturday Frank but I have to work in the morning and then I'm headed to the Hollywood Bowl to see Faith Hill. I'd for sue be there if I didn't have other plans. I hope everyone has a great time and I can't wait to see all the pictures up on Flickr. Gonna be hot...stay hydrated...water not beer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what if I added some lemons to the beer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha. Beer with lemons is okay after you've completed your walk and you're sitting in a cool place with air conditioning sipping on your beverage. Then, pure H20 hydration isn't as necessary. Only water in the hot heat while walking. It's the best. Don't want anyone dropping like flies. What's the old saying...Time flys when you're having fun...or as frogs say...Time's fun when you're having flies. :)
    classymis=being silly today

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would've been fun to have you with us Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just ordered a Kata 3in1-20...seems really cool, of course it doesn't arrive until next week. But my grip and my flash should be here today! Hey Frank, if you add lemons to the beer, does it count as a salad?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey frank I'll be testing out my Nikkor 70-200mm on the Photo walk San Diego wild animal park!!!

    ReplyDelete