Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Dash & Daddy day at the Arboretum



Hey everyone!

After Vasquez Rocks on Saturday, I was ready for a low key day on Sunday, my first Sunday off in 4 months. My daughter wanted to go see "How to Train Your Dragon", and normally, I would take her to the movies and my wife would stay home with our 2 year old, Dash. But I suggested that my wife take Stella, as they haven't had a girls day out since my son was born, and I would take Dash out to the Arboretum.

Dash didn't like the idea at all originally, but just before we got off the freeway at Baldwin, I had him smiling and laughing, and we proceede to have a great day. Normally when we go, we are so busy chasing his sister that he has to stay in his stroller all day. But not on this day...

Shortly after we got there, I took him out. And he wandered, sat, stared, marveled, gazed, ran, reflected, and enjoyed his time at the Arboretum. He fed geese, stared at Koi, played in the Catywampus, sat by the lakes, laughed at the Peacocks, and watched the fish. It was a fantastic day, and I am a better person for not having missed that or cut it off early to go to work.

My wife also really enjoyed her day out with Stella, and the movie gets enthusiastic thumbs up from both her and my daughter. She also couldn't believe that she hadn't just gone out with my daughter for something other then a Dr's appt or a haircut in 2 years. All in all, a beautiful weekend

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had some great bonding time! Glad you finally had some time off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. High Five.... Priorities are in line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Days off with your kids is the best! Awesome photos!
    It's time to take more photos of my 2 year old daughter :-)

    Greetings,
    Adan Gutierrez

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great images with a great story, Frank! Thanks for sharing them both : )

    I particularly enjoyed the great "action" shot of Dash running toward you down the concrete path. Looked like you guys had a blast.

    ReplyDelete