Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Right where I'm supposed to be


Faded & Blurred 365 day 64
Originally uploaded by fwisneski

Some days are harder than others. More distractions, disruptions, disasters. There's never enough time. Too many people requiring too many things from you. Occasionally the feeling of burrowing inside rears it's head. Cutting ties, shedding responsibilities, taking more "ME" time.

I've been there for awhile. The hectic schedule is insane. Having to leave the house while my wife takes our child to urgent care, or has to call a plumber/ac guy/garage door repair guy kills me. That's my job. But I can't do that job, because I have all of these other jobs. My wife is a saint, and a very strong woman, and also very tired.

So I ponder possibilities, and think about giving up some things. Quitting. And then I go to an ATM in a dirty mini mall at 6 am. And at that moment, I am in the most beatiful place in the world, and I realize that I am exactly where I am supposed to be...

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment